Terms of Service
Human readable summary: You should read this whole document, because it is a contract and you are bound by the whole contract. However, we like having plain language which summarizes some of the important terms:
- • You pay us monthly for Dr. Know’s Communication System.
- • We get to terminate this agreement at any time, for any reason.
- • We’ll happily refund any payment you make within 7 days of you making it, and you can cancel your use of the service at any time with 90 days written notice. These are your only guarantees that the service will be to your liking. If something goes wrong, we’ll refund your money but we won’t pay you anything you haven’t paid us.
- • It is for reminding your patients about appointments and other office concerns. Don’t contact people who are not your patients. They will be upset. We will cancel your account.
- • Phone calls, text messages, and email are not appropriate for certain types of private communications. We can’t do anything about that — it is how the systems work. You must only use Dr. Know’s Electronic Communication system for appropriate communications.
- • You promise not to break any laws in using the service.
- • Health care providers take note: When used properly Dr. Know’s Communication system would comply under HIPAA and PIPEDA. If you’re not sure whether you can use this or not, don’t use it until you have consulted a lawyer. We can’t give legal advice other than “We can’t give legal advice!”.
Description of Service and Parties:
Dr. Know’s Electronic Communication system is a service consisting of an automated means of sending email, text messages, and phone calls to parties who have elected to receive them on Your behalf. You may not use the service if you are under 13 years of age.
Description of Agreement:
These terms of service are available online at https://www.drknow.com/terms-of-service . We may update them at any time, with no notice to you. Continuing to use the service after we have updated them constitutes acceptance of the new Terms of Service.
In return for your use of the service, you agree to pay Developer a monthly fee, in advance, for your use of the service. The monthly fee depends on which subscription plan you sign up for. If you do not cancel your account within 7 days of creating it, Developer will charge your credit card for the next month’s monthly service fee on the first day of the month. You will be charged thereafter on a monthly basis.
There are several subscription levels. The level you subscribe to determines what features of Electronic Communication you may use. Developer reserves the right to change subscription level features, quotas, and pricing at any time, with or without notice. Developer pledges that, in the case of quotas and pricing, if a change would be detrimental to you, Developer will allow you to continue with your previous quota/pricing for a period of at least three months from the date you are notified of the change. Developer specifically does warrant that all features currently in the software will continue to be in the software indefinitely. Quota has no value, does not accrue over time, and is not refundable if not used.
Intellectual Property Rights:
All rights in Dr. Know’s Electronic Communication System, the application, the website, and related documentation are owned and/or licensed by the Developer. You are hereby granted a non-exclusive right to make use of the service, and (if appropriate) to interoperate with the service through such mechanisms as we may provide for you to do so, in consideration of your payment of the monthly service fee. Your license to use the service does not entitle you to ownership of the underlying intellectual property.
You are forbidden from:
- 1. Using the service in a manner contrary to the law.
- 2. Using the service in any manner which disrupts Developer’s operations or any other users’ use of the service.
- 3. Using the service to contact someone with whom you do not have a pre-existing commercial relationship.
- 4. Importing, entering, or storing contact details in the service for any person from whom you do not have explicit consent to record contact details.
- 5. Knowingly using the service to record information about, or contact, anyone under 13 years of age.
Taking any forbidden action with the service immediately terminates your license to use the service.
Termination of Service:
Developer may terminate your use of the service at any time, for any reason. Developer may deny anyone use of the service at any time, for any reason. You may cancel your use of the service at any time, either through the service itself or by sending an email to support@DrKnow.com. Regardless of which party terminates the use of the service, unused time immediately expires, and is not eligible for a refund except as described below.
The Developer offers full refunds on request for up to 7 days past the initial transaction date. Refunds after that period will be at the sole discretion of the Developer.
Limitation of Liability:
THE SERVICE IS SOLD “AS IS” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS”. THE DEVELOPER MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT IT IS FREE OF DEFECTS OR IS SUITABLE FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE DEVELOPER BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSS OR DAMAGES ARRISING FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES EVEN IF THE DEVELOPER, IT’S STAFF OR A THIRD PARTY IS FOUND TO BE NEGLIGENT. THE CUSTOMER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THAT THEIR USE OF THE SOFTWARE IS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAW OF THEIR JURISDICTION.
Developer makes commercially reasonable attempts to protect the privacy of data you enter into the service. This includes encryption of data in between You and the service, commercially reasonable efforts to secure the machines the service operates on, and legal and technical means to restrict access to data to only persons authorized by You or the Developer. Developer does not warrant that these measures will necessarily satisfy any particular legal requirement in your jurisdiction. Developer will not expose data which you enter to other parties with the following exceptions:
- 1. Developer will, in the ordinary course of service, transmit data regarding phone calls and text messages to Twilio, a service which Developer has contracted with to provide phone calls and text message services to You.
- 2. Developer will obey lawful instructions to disclose information issued by any competent jurisdiction.
- 3. Developer will obey lawful instructions to disclose information, about any party which you record information about or contact, to their own persons, their legal representatives, or their guardians, on proof to Developer’s satisfaction about their identity. Developer will likewise correct or remove information on file about them at their request.
Developer expressly disclaims confidentiality of any information which is transmitted via telephone, text message (SMS), or email. It is an unavoidable aspect of these methods of communication that information included in them can be intercepted and recorded by third parties, including parties other than those you intend the information to be received by. You understand and acknowledge this and hold the Developer harmless for any disclosure of information included contained in or used to address a phone call, email, or text message even if the Developer, it’s staff, or third party is found to be negligent. You further understand and acknowledge that these methods of communication are not appropriate for all uses. You are solely responsible for ensuring that your communications and use of the service are appropriate, including that they satisfy privacy laws in your jurisdiction, including but not limited to health, education, and consumer privacy laws.
Service Level Agreement:
The Developer does not warrant that your access to the service will be uninterrupted. The Developer does not warrant that communications you schedule for delivery for the service will be delivered or that they will be delivered in a timely manner.
The Developer will make commercially reasonable efforts to respond to all inquiries within 48 hours. Your use of Electronic Communication does not entitle you to support in real time or support via any particular communications channel, including over the telephone, except at the Developer’s sole discretion.
The Developer may offer you the opportunity to purchase a separate Service Level Agreement, for an additional fee, as a separate contract.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at support@DrKnow.com.
Updated December 14, 2017.